Top 10 Reasons
to Teach in Immersion
Immersion teachers bring the French language, as well as its diverse and fascinating culture, to life. The Association canadienne des professionnels de l’immersion (ACPI) or Canadian association of Immersion professionals defines the aims of French Immersion in Canada as an opportunity to:
- Promote functional bilingualism
- Foster an understanding and appreciation of Francophone culture
- Appreciate the richness of other languages and cultures in Canada and around the world
- Develop a strong command of the English language
- Preserve the identity of the learners’ culture
Choosing a career in French Immersion is your passport to a fascinating world that is transforming the lives of students across the country. Here are our top 10 reasons to teach in French Immersion!
Top 10 best reasons to teach in French Immersion
Which ones fuel your passion?
- Finding meaningful work that leads almost immediately to a full-time job in more than 2,400 schools across Canada.
- Witnessing students’ delight when they see that they are learning quickly and can now speak French.
- Sharing your love of the French language with your students and being really proud of it!
- Helping the next generation of bilingual Canadians experience the pleasure of knowing that French is the international language with the greatest potential for growth over the next 50 years.
- Teaching and sharing best practices with colleagues from the worldwide family of 300 million Francophones and Francophiles.
- Opening minds to contact with different cultures to enrich our own and that of our students.
- Eating, laughing, talking and truly experiencing the vibrant French-Canadian culture…every day.
- Having access to many bursaries to support your professional and linguistic development in so many ways.
- One of the best ways to cultivate bilingualism and continued pride in being part of the 14% of Canada’s officially bilingual population.
- Surprising the residents of one of the world’s 106 French-speaking countries by addressing them in French on one of your many trips.
Write and tell us the reasons fuelling your passion: